The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce is open to all members of our community.
As a charity, it is our goal to ensure that our programs and services are accessible to everyone, no matter what their financial circumstances.
YMCA Membership Assistance Program
Individuals and families may apply for financial assistance in order to participate in YMCA programs and services that they could otherwise not afford. The program is available to people of all ages. Each month, our YMCA supports more than 500 people through this program.
How to Apply
- Apply in-person at the YMCA Health & Fitness Facility with all applicable required documents (see below).
Subsidy Application Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Once the membership amount is approved and agreed upon, you will be asked to bring in the initial payment and a void cheque to start your membership, receive your fitness orientation, and get started on a new journey!
To apply for an assisted membership please bring all of the following documents that apply to your personal situation.
- Photo ID
- Void cheque or pre-authorized payment form
- Current total monthly household income information for adults providing household income (recent paystubs/ODSP/EI/CPP/OAS/Canada Child Benefit/WSIB/Child Support/Alimony/Rental Income)
- Most recent Canada Child Benefit statement
- If family does not receive Canada Child Benefit, most recent Notice of Assessment for all adults providing household income
Grey National Child Benefit (NCB) Reinvestment Program
- Reside in Grey County
- Family earnings of less than $45,000.00
- Have children under the age of 18 residing with you on a regular basis
Through the NCB program, eligible candidates may request subsidy for recreation activities (sports, art, music or drama programs, swimming lessons, camps, and fitness memberships) or the Good Food Box program.
Review the NCB Program Application below for full program information.
Grey NCB (National Child Benefit) Application
For more information, contact:
YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce
700 10th Street East, Owen Sound
519-376-0484 ext. 227
Other Financial Assistance Programs