The YMCA developed the first nationally recognized fitness leadership program in 1974 and has continued to train leaders ever since.
Through the YMCA Fitness Leadership Program you can become a qualified fitness professional, helping people improve their lives and achieve their goals.
A Fitness Instructor's role at our Y is to:
- lead fitness activities with members and participants
- enhance member engagement at the YMCA
- role model YMCA values (Caring, Honesty, Respect & Responsibility)
- build relationships with members and participants to help them achieve their goals
Why choose the YMCA Fitness Leadership Program?
The program offers the most complete training available and gives access to a variety of specializations to meet all needs.
High Quality Standards
- Regular updating of instructor skills
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Periodic recertification process (every two years)
An Optimal Learning Experience
- Combination of practical and theoretical training
- Instruction offered by experienced fitness leaders
- Certification facilitates access to a variety of volunteer and employment opportunities within the YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce and in YMCAs across Canada
To learn more about the YMCA Fitness Leadership Training Program, volunteer opportunities or to get started on your certification journey contact:
Diana van der Meer
Adult Fitness Supervisor
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 519-376-0484 ext. 212