Strong Kids - Donate Now

YMCA Community Initiatives

Housing List Banner Ad

Housing Services

Landlord Mini Seminars

Landlord Mini Seminars continue in February 2018.

As a current landlord if you have questions about taxes, legal responsibilities or mortgage options don't miss February's Landlord Mini Seminar.

Date: February 7, 2018
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Location: Owen Sound & North Grey Union Public Library, 824 1st Ave. W., Owen Sound.


Date: February 22, 2018
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: Walkerton Public Library - 253 Durham Street, Walkerton

Speakers will present information on the following topics:

Taxes: Getting the most out of your taxes, Capital Gains
Law: When or if to Incorporate, Legal issues, landlord responsibilities and preparing your estate. Protection of a property manager
Finances: Mortgage options for landlords and Investing considerations               

We hope you will join us for this informative evening where you can ask questions and learn from the professionals. 
Please RSVP by Thursday February 1st to Rebecca Carr at 519-371-9230 or

Admission is free; we ask that you please bring a non-perishable food item or small appliance for donation.

Housing Support

YMCA Housing Support works to prevent, address and reduce homelessness in our community. Working with other services and supports across Grey and Bruce Counties, we assist youth (aged 16+) and adults who are homeless, or facing homelessness, to find safe, affordable, long-term housing in Grey-Bruce.

YMCA Housing Support also works with landlords to build a network of communication and understanding that leads to maintaining long-term sustainable housing. We provide a variety of assistance to landlords throughout Grey and Bruce Counties including a free Housing List where you can advertise rental properties.

Emergency Shelter

Our first priority is ensuring you are safe and have access to basic needs. If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness contact a YMCA Housing Support Worker at 519-371-9230. We will help you find emergency shelter in Grey-Bruce and work with you to create an action plan to find and maintain long-term sustainable housing.

Assistance with Income Support Applications

There are a variety of programs available to individuals with low or no income to provide financial assistance to help with basic needs. YMCA Housing Support Workers are knowledgeable in these programs and will work with you to determine which types of financial assistance you should apply for and help you complete your applications. Programs may include the Ontario Electricity Support Program, Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, LEAP and other programs to assist with rental arrears, home ownership etc.

If you require assistance to complete your application for the Ontario Electricity Support Program call 519-371-9230 to book an appointment.

Landlord/Tenant Mediation

Suitable and affordable housing is in high demand and short supply. Tenants and landlords are encouraged to understand their rights and responsibilities. If you hare having difficulty communicating with your landlord or tenant a YMCA Housing Support Worker may be able to assist by providing third party mediation. The goal of mediation is to promote problem solving, clear communication and find solutions that work for both the landlord and the tenant.


YMCA Housing Stability Workers assisted with requests for over $150,000.00 in energy arears in 2017


Free legal advice for youth under 18 and homeless youth under 25 in Ontario - call 1-866-999-5329  or visit Justice for Children and Youth