Applications are currently being accepted for Casual Registered Nurse. The successful candidate will supervise the direct care given to residents in our state of the art facility, which includes a wireless documentation system.
Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Provide nursing care of an interdisciplinary nature
• Medication and treatment administration
• Supervise direct care provided to residents
• Communicate relevant health related information to family and physician
• Assess, develop, and review care plans and complete MDS RAI Documentation.
• Use the electronic documentation system to create and maintain detailed documentation
• Serve as charge RN after hours as necessary
Gateway Haven Long Term Care Facility
Job Requirements: • Nursing Degree or RN College Certificate. • Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario • Availability on a reasonable basis for all three shifts, weekends and call-ins • Strong leadership • Experience administering medication and treatments • Excellent oral and written communication skills • Strong organizational and interpersonal skills • Excellent assessment skills. • Knowledge and experience with the Long Term Care Homes Act and regulations
Assets • The following certificates would be an asset: Phlebotomy, Wound Care, Gentle Persuasive Approaches, PIECES and a Gerontology certificate. • Familiarity using Point Of Care is an asset