Applications are currently being accepted for Permanent Part Time Registered Nurse. The successful candidate will supervise the direct care given to residents in our state of the art facility, which includes a wireless documentation system.
Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Provide nursing care of an interdisciplinary nature
• Medication and treatment administration
• Supervise direct care provided to residents
• Communicate relevant health related information to family and physician
• Assess, develop, and review care plans and complete MDS RAI Documentation.
• Use the electronic documentation system to create and maintain detailed documentation
• Serve as charge RN after hours as necessary
Gateway Haven Long Term Care Facility
Job Requirements: • Nursing Degree or RN College Certificate. • Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario • Availability on a reasonable basis for all three shifts, weekends and call-ins • Strong leadership • Experience administering medication and treatments • Excellent oral and written communication skills • Strong organizational and interpersonal skills • Excellent assessment skills. • Knowledge and experience with the Long Term Care Homes Act and regulations
Assets • The following certificates would be an asset: Phlebotomy, Wound Care, Gentle Persuasive Approaches, PIECES and a Gerontology certificate. • Familiarity using Point Of Care is an asset