~~Qualified Personal Support Workers (PSWs) are invited to apply for a part-time position to work at our 34 bed Long Term Care Home
Under the direction of the Registered Staff and Director of Care, the PSW provides care and support to residents so as to fulfill the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
• Assists in providing care for residents.
• Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
• Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents.
• Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
• Adheres to established polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
• Consults with and informs supervisor of residence activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
• Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
• Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
• Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
~~In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
317079 Hwy 6 & 10 RR#3
• Personal Support Worker Certificate • Nursing Experience in a long term care setting is an asset • Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required • Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
Personal Support Worker Certificate