As a Cable television and telecommunications Technician, you will perform installations, maintain, and upgrade cable systems. You will also perform repair work and respond to service problems at the homes of cable users. Your main goal is to keep a cable system operating efficiently.
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems (Basic and Hi-Speed Internet, Basic and Digital TV and Rogers Home Phone) to the satisfaction of the customer and in accordance with company specifications.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
?Education and Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Experience working outside & physical work
?Knowledge and Skills Required
- Valid G Ontario driver’s license.
- Ability to work at 20-30 feet (ladder)
- Ability & interest to work both independently
- Good communication skills and customer service interest are a must.
This is a piece work compensation plan. Car & tools are provided. A paid 6 weeks training Beginning mid-January will be offered.