Jan 3, 2017
Jan 17, 2017
Part-Time Regular 3 months
Social Science, education, government & religion
$ $18.39-$22.90 per hour
Hours per Week:
Seasonal Facilities Attendant
Municipality of Grey Highlands
The Municipality of Grey Highlands invites applications for:
Part-Time Facilities Attendant
Seasonal (January – March)
Department: Building & Facilities Services
The Municipality of Grey Highlands is presently receiving applications to fill one vacancy for the position of Seasonal Facilities Attendant. Reporting to the Director of Building & Facility Services, the successful candidate will perform duties in accordance with departmental and corporate work plans and priorities.
Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Acting as a front-line contact for the public (explaining rules, fee structures, providing direction, answering questions, etc).
- Performing general operational and administrative duties (opens and closes, set up and take down for functions/special events and rentals, keeps all records and daily logs, etc).
- Issuing, collecting, and recording daily financial transactions to submit to the Facilities Operator for weekly reports.
- Maintaining general upkeep of municipal facilities in neat condition (clearing debris, mopping, etc.).
- Ensuring the ice surface and machinery/tools used to maintain the surface, are in good quality condition, including monitoring refrigeration equipment (recording temperatures, pressures, and water chemical levels, changing ice resurfacing blade and propane tanks).
- Taking reasonable precautions and actions to mitigate risks to users and ensure a safe environment for staff and the public
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, skills & abilities:
- OSSD (Grade 12) or equivalent, accompanied by a current recognized CPR, Standard First Aid, and Defib certification.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a customer service role, preferably within an arena environment.
- Valid G Driver’s License
- A working understanding of all applicable legislation, by-laws, and policies related to recreational operations and hazardous waste, chemicals and materials.
- Working knowledge of the skilled operation of similar heavy equipment and machinery and ability to make minor adjustments and repairs on equipment used
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and use good judgment and initiative when dealing with coworkers, supervisors and the public.
- Ability to provide timely and courteous customer service.
- Basic computer literacy and Microsoft Office skills.
Candidates for the above position are invited to submit resumes, preferably by e-mail, referencing “Facilities Attendant” prior to 3:30 PM on Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 to:
Human Resources Coordintor and Assistant to the CAO
206 Toronto St. South, PO Box 409
Markdale, ON N0C 1H0
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Municipality of Grey Highlands is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. This document can be made available in other accessible formats as soon as practicable and upon request. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment. Based on the nature of the position, pre-employment screening may be required including but not limited to; Criminal Record Searches, Financial Credit Inquiries; Educational and Credential Verification; Driver’s Abstracts; Drug/Alcohol Testing; Pre-Medical Testing and Investigative Employment References.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD