Job Title: Marketing Assistant (Festival Canadiana Owen Sound)
Reports to: Event Facilitator; Director of Community Services
Function: to support the Event Facilitator with marketing and promotion of Maawanji’iding: Festival Canadiana, the City of Owen Sound’s signature event for the summer of 2017.
• Develop detailed Marketing Plan based on provided outline and templates
• Liaise with provincial tour marketing coordinator, regional tourism organization, and Owen Sound Tourism
• Set up and coordinate merchandise program
• Coordinate marketing campaign under supervision of Event Facilitator
• Respond to social media, email and telephone inquiries
• Write media releases, fact sheets and other publicity pieces
• Coordinate production and distribution of rack cards, posters, and festival programs
• Set up and coordinate media interviews and photo ops
• Liaise with media on site with volunteer assistance
• Set up and coordinate on site visitor surveys
• Contribute to Final Report, including detailed evaluation of Marketing Plan, all aspects of event delivery, and recommendations for future events
• This is an Employment Ontario Job Creation Partnership position. Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Must be unemployed and; have an established claim for Employment Insurance Benefits or an established claim for E.I. Benefits that ended in the last 3 years; or received Maternity/Parental Benefits that began in the past 5 years after which the individual remained out of the labour market and is now seeking to re-enter the labour force.
• Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills, including familiarity with CMS-based web design and proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications.
• Career motivation and proven experience in the area of Sales/Marketing.
• Festival and event experience is considered a definite asset.
• Ability to communicate in French would be an asset.
• Ability to work effectively with people, especially volunteers, business sector and other staff members.
Post Secondary Education in field of Marketing/Promotions and Communications or equivalent experience. Driver’s license required, own vehicle preferred.
The City of Owen Sound is an equal opportunity employer, valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.
This position is made possible through a Jobs Creation Partnership (JCP) grant. Please read full eligibility requirements before applying to this position.
To be eligible for Ontario JCP:
Individuals must meet the EI Act’s definition of an “insured participant”. When they apply for assistance, they must be unemployed and legally authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizen or permanent resident) and either:
• Have a current claim for employment insurance benefits; or
• Have a previous claim whose benefit period ended in the preceding 36 months; or
• Have a previous benefit period that began in the preceding 60 months, during which the individual was paid maternity or parental benefits, after which they left the labour market to care for a newborn or newly adopted child and are now seeking to re-enter the labour market.
How to Apply:
If you live in Grey County: On behalf of the sponsor, please visit YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce Employment Services at: 1450 1st Avenue West, Suite 4A, Owen Sound or 425 10th Street, Unit 7, Hanover, ON. Bring a cover letter and resume and be prepared to meet with an Employment Advisor.
If you live in Bruce County: On behalf of the sponsor, please visit vpi for Bruce County at: 200 McNab Street Suite 201, Walkerton, ON, N0G 2V0. Bring a cover letter and resume and be prepared to meet with an Employment Advisor.