• To perform quality checks throughout the production process
• Report information to Quality Coordinator
• Work weeks are Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm (summer 7am-3:30), with additional hours as needed.
• Working in hot and cold conditions.
• Working in wet and dusty conditions.
• Physically demanding.
• Able to stand for long periods of time.
• Working in a loud environment.
• Read and write (English).
• Attention to quality and eye for deficiencies
• Able to work with fellow employees.
• Basic mathematic skills.
• Able to read a tape measure.
• Good at troubleshooting.
• Able to understand paperwork such as shop tickets and drawings with little to no help.
• Willing to take advice and ask questions if unsure of any task.
• Very driven to keep working and meet quality inspection targets
• Punctuality- must be on time for shifts and breaks
• Reliable- proper attendance is essential
• Inspects, measures and monitors products through all stages of production
• Records results of observations and inspections
• Reviews overall quality of products before shipping
• Observes production process to trace causes of defective product
• Brings issues forward proactively to Quality Coordinator to resolve problems
• Attends meetings to discuss production defects observed
• Identifies substandard work and defective product
• Helps in orientation of new employees to quality standards
• Reviews product packaging/palletizing to ensure product is protected for shipment
• Participate and contribute to corrective and preventative action reporting and investigation
• Inspection, verification and recording of incoming material
• Inspection, verification and recording of returned material
• Assist with selection and completion of sample requests. Maintain a sample inventory
• Assist with ticket releases, revisions and accuracy of documents at the point of production
Owen Sound Location
1 Year of Quality Inspector Experience