~~~~Candidates are invited to apply for Casual Part Time RN (all shifts) positions and at our 34-bed long-term care facility located in Grey County, Village of Chatsworth. - ONA competitive wages
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
• Ensure resident care is provided with established CNO standards and principles, best practice guidelines, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as observe, report and record symptoms and conditions of the residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate.
• Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, note changes in condition and assess need for referral to other health care professionals
• Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interpret and implement established policies, procedures and regulations.
• Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit.
• Possess a current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Possess restorative care knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of MDS / RAI and computerized documentation
• Comprehensive knowledge of Best Practices in nursing related to Infection Control, Wound Care, Diabetic Care and Restorative Care
• Effective human relations skills and demonstrated commitment to leading a team of nursing staff
• Proven ability to work effectively, individually and with others, while prioritizing tasks.
• Proven ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing and be an active listener who projects a friendly demeanour.
• Proven ability to work effectively within a variety of stressful situations and challenges, and with various individuals or groups.
• Proven ability to collect and use information to use critically thinking to sort through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’, and generate creative solutions.
• Ability to prioritize and focus action on what is best for the organization through an understanding of key business issues.
• Proven integrity through open and honest interaction with colleagues and encourage active participation and commitment from others in the pursuit of common goals.
• Understand roles, set expectations, share information, and build consensus.
• Proven experience in taking personal responsibility for seeking information from various sources.
• Enables others’ learning through sharing experiences, coaching and mentoring.
• Superb organization, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Available for On Call and living in the area. (19 km South of Owen Sound and 168 km North of Toronto)
Small Rural farming community 12 KM south of Owen Sound
Long Term Care experience an asset.
Current Criminal Records check for Vulnerable Sector TB test Valid Drivers License & Own Transportation