Jun 12, 2017
Jun 28, 2017
Part-Time Seasonal/Contract 1 year Contract
Social Science, education, government & religion
Hours per Week:
17.5 per wk
402813 Grey Rd 4, RR 2 , Durham ON N0G 1R0
Municipality of West Grey
Please send resume by noon, Wednesday, June 28 to:
Brent Glasier, Director of Infrastructure & Public Works
402813 Grey Road 4, RR 2
Durham ON N0G 1C0
This position provides secretarial and technical support to the Public Works Department. The successful candidate must be able to work with considerable independence and self-initiative working in a fast paced working environment.
The successful candidate should have:
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant with the ability to work independently, in strict confidence and as part of an active office team.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint software. Candidates holding a post-secondary Office Administration Certificate /Diploma and/or previous Municipal Work experience is considered an asset.
The position is a one year contract position with consideration of renewal. The hours of work are Monday through Friday approximately 3.5 hours per day, but West Grey remains flexible to consider other options.
See detailed job responsibilities and requirements attached below.
Interested candidates shall submit their detailed resume in confidence to the undersigned by 12 noon on Wednesday June 28th, 2017.
The Municipality of West Grey is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If selected please advise the Municipality if you require accommodations. Personal information collected will only be used for candidate selection. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part Time Administrative Assistant
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Assistant acts as an intermediary and liaison between the General Public, Office Staff, Professional Agencies and Ministry Officials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable experience considered an asset
- Ability to record and transcribe minutes from meetings.
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Secretary will be considered an asset
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD