Oct 10, 2017
Oct 24, 2017
Bruce & Huron County (4 Year Term)
Art, culture, recreation & sport
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume through to Kristine Sanderson via email: email@example.com
Regional Communications Manager
Our client is seeking a Regional Communications Manager – Bruce & Huron County (4 Year Term)
We are currently seeking an experienced Regional Communications Manager to join our energetic and fast-paced Stakeholder Relations team. Based out of our Ripley Community Office in Bruce and Huron County, the successful candidate would be responsible for managing regional communications activities including developing and leading communications strategies, media relations, issues management, content development, etc.
- Develop and lead the implementation of local/regional communications strategies and tactics to advance the APM siting process within communities engaged in the selection process and in the wider region.
- Function as a regional representative of the company and act as a champion for the collaborative siting process. Build and sustain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Represent the company at events such as open houses, community fairs, meetings with community groups, conferences, public meetings, sponsored activities, etc. Manage communications requirements at company events in the region.
- Develop and manage all regional media relations plans and activities, including developing and maintaining relationships with media, organizing and participating in media tours, identifying opportunities to communicate and reinforce company key messages, and serving as the local company media spokesperson.
- Proactively identify emerging regional issues, develop strategies and implement communications tactics to address issues as needed.
- Lead development and preparation of communication materials for local and regional audiences. Examples of materials include presentations, newsletters, advertisements, digital content, exhibit material, etc.
- Provide strategic communications advice and coaching to colleagues.
- Provide communications support as needed to external partners.
- Travel to communities and engagement opportunities in the region where interested communities are located. Occasional travel to company Head Office (Toronto) and other locations.
• Deep roots in the regions where communities are active in learning more about the site selection process (i.e. Southern Ontario, Bruce County).
• Established network of contacts in the local communities/region.
• Knowledge of local issues and priorities.
• Knowledge of and experience in stakeholder engagement, particularly in the region.
• 4 year university education in a communications, public relations or journalism or an equivalent level of education and/or experience.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in corporate
We offer competitive base salary and health care benefits package.
Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD