~~Our client is a household name in turkey products, one of the fastest growing protein segments in Canada. They have just opened a new production department that will require a Supervisor with a unique blend of skills. The crew in this area works on a variety of tasks, changing from one day to the next. The supervisor will need to understand how to coordinate, manage and motivate within a regulated environment. This is a pretty high profile area in the company so everyone will be paying attention to yield, scrap, efficiency and the rest of the indicators of a successful and dynamic group.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Require a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Management/Supervisory position, ideally in a food manufacturing environment
• Must have computer skills in both Excel and Word
• Excellent communication, team facilitation, problem solving and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
• Ability to organize multiple protocols , projects and complete on schedule
• Knowledge of and a commitment to team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills of a strong team player
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Managing the production hourly team.
• Managing the manufacturing process within defined safety and quality standards.
• Adherence to Production plan.
• Meet all departmental operational plans, to insure yield, birds per man hour, kgs per man-hour, line efficiency requirements are met.
• Achievement of production budgets, with minimum waste of raw materials, ingredients and packaging materials.
• Implement & foster a continuous improvement environment.
• Adherence to site and business protocols.
• Ensure HACCP principles, SQF guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and any other future programs are followed.
This is a permanent role with a solid compensation and benefits package and lot of growth opportunity in the future.