Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
• Sexing and grading in the chick room
• Backup coverage for Afternoon Truck Sanitation
• Working on the transfer crew when needed (Embrex) Saturday’s included
• Chick deliveries to farms when needed
• Pulling from hatchers and feeding the separator when necessary
• Working in the egg room on Wednesday’s & Saturday’s as needed
• Work with the sanitation team as needed
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
• Must understand and adhere to all HACCP/Biosecurity procedures
• Must be able to work varying and flexible hours until job is complete
• Must be able to work as a team
• Must have physical ability to lift, bend, push and pull
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs
?Must be willing to work on Statutory holidays
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send resume to Rebecca Hendry, Human Resources by email email@example.com or fax 519-364-4692.