Dec 4, 2017
Dec 31, 2017
Sales & services
$ 35,000 per annum
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
email to email@example.com
111 Elora St. North , Clifford Ontario N0G1M0
W.C Smith Wholesale
W.C. Smith Wholesale Distributors Inc. sources goods globally to service a diversified clientele in today's market place. The collective experience of our team ensures our customers receive the best products available globally. Our team members respond quickly to provide quotes for any product inquiry, and work with each of our clients personally.
Our vast range of available products includes but is not limited to items such as children's toys, textiles, consumer electronics, and BEM fireworks as well as providing custom imprinting services for a wide range of customers. With a committed staff of 40 people, we strive to deliver service excellence resulting in customer satisfaction.
Due to our continuing exponential growth we are currently searching for two entry level Category Managers, to be based at our Head Office in Clifford, Ontario.
The Category Manager is responsible for sourcing products for W.C. Smith Wholesale Distributors Inc. (W.C. Smith). The Category Manager will reach his or her business targets through effective management of ongoing, profitable relationships with suppliers and various external departments and continually maintain a professional image of the company. This position will source goods globally for specific customer and sales representative requests. Integrity, communication and negotiation skills are essential to this role.
- Develop a strong working relationship with suppliers and potential suppliers to request quotes and product information and specifications.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for sourcing goods as requested by the Sales Department and/or Customers.
- Recommend products to Sales Department based on customer’s needs and interests.
- Source new opportunities that may lead to exclusive opportunities with suppliers and create support documents for the Sales Department and Management.
- Manage all administrative activities required to create new vendors and products.
- Answer customer’s questions about products, prices, credit or contract terms, availability, delivery times, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with suppliers and sales team.
- Work with our proprietary Pricing Matrix (in Excel) to determine pricing
- Conduct extensive market research and competitive analysis when adding new products
- Work with suppliers to find new product solutions and develop professional proposals for clients.
- Identify new business opportunities and product solution opportunities – by cold calling if necessary.
- Maintain supplier activity records, including call dates, objectives, activities and results, including any follow up activity that may be required.
- Negotiate prices or other terms of sale.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Review costs and profitability utilizing computer technology.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
• University Degree or College Diplo
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD