Mar 5, 2018
Mar 31, 2018
July 3, 2018 – August 24, 2018
$ 16.00 - $17.25 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining the GSC team, please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant job experience prior to the application deadline dates to:
By e-mail: email@example.com or
By Mail: Grey Sauble Conservation
237897 Inglis Falls Road, R.R.#4
Owen Sound, ON
Subject: Summer Employment
Include: 1. What job(s) you are applying for
2. The date you are able to start work
3. Resume and Cover letter
237897 Inglis Falls Road R.R.#4, Owen Sound Ontario N4K 5N6
Day Camp Supervisor/Leader
Grey Sauble Conservation
Reporting to the Programs and Communications Planners, the Day Camp Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising the Great Outdoors Day Camp at Grey Sauble Conservation, as well as training staff and volunteers. The Day Camp provides programing for approximately 30 campers per day between the ages of 7 and 12.
This position will include, but is not limited to:
- Developing programing/content for Day Camp and creating a manual to be used by staff and volunteers.
- Developing and implementing a safety procedures checklist.
- Conducting inventory and purchasing necessary materials.
- Providing training opportunities and taking a lead role in the operation of the Great Outdoors Day Camp, including planning and implementing games, crafts, and outdoor activities with the campers.
- Ensuring a safe environment for campers, other staff and volunteers.
- Providing lead supervision during outdoor and indoor activities, bus trips, and swimming excursions.
- Maintaining open and effective communication with parents of campers.
- Arranging the necessary materials and equipment for games, crafts, and outdoor/indoor activities.
- Tracking administrative documentation (ie. Signoffs for pickup/drop off, early drop off and late pick up etc.).
- Filing and ensuring completeness of medical and emergency documentation for campers.
- Maintaining clear communication with the Programs and Communications Planners, and other GSC staff as needed, regarding daily schedules and Day Camp operations.
- Ensuring service excellence.
- Delivering end of Day Camp survey to parents of campers.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of frontline camp program experience.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, creative, and adaptable with the ability to provide guidance to other staff and volunteers with minimal supervision.
- Enrollment or completion of an applicable post-secondary program is an asset.
- Knowledge of the natural environment is an asset.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR.
- National Lifeguard Service (NLS) Certification
- Criminal Reference Check with results satisfactory to Grey Sauble Conservation.
Full Time: (40 hours per week)
Employment: July 3, 2018 – August 24, 2018
Working Conditions: primarily in the great outdoors!
Wage: $16.00 - $17.25/hour
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD