- Provide direct service to Library patrons and program delivery as required consistent with the policies, practices and procedures of the Library.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work at the Circulation Desk, signing out, checking in, placing holds, collecting fines, re-shelving incoming items and noting their condition, setting aside those in need of repair, maintaining the patron database, reserves and interlibrary loans. Scanning, faxing, answering emails/phone calls and managing room bookings. Collecting payment for programs and art sales. Assisting with social media. Responsible for daily cash report. Responsible for designated displays.
- Assist with Collection Development & Management functions as assigned including weeding and shelving. Adhering to budget when ordering materials, processing, and entering acquisitions into the system.
- Assist with monitoring shelf reading done by pages. Assisting the technical department with the maintenance of iPads and other electronic materials.
- Assist with the implementation of programs as assigned.
- Advise patrons regarding reading material and different types of materials available for loans
- Assists patrons with information and multi- level reference questions and basic computer assistance
- Display and promote positive “Team Player” attitudes and actions. This includes positive communications with supervisors and other Town staff regarding ideas and initiatives to enhance the workplace improve policies, procedures and services.
- Communicate with the ratepayers and the public in an effective and courteous manner regarding programs, policies, and procedures of the library.
- Personally comply with all health and safety practices as they relate to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health & Safety Act. Personally comply with, and assume appropriate supervisory responsibility for compliance with, all health and safety practices as they relate to the Library, standard operating guidelines and the occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Sign and adhere to the Library’s Code of Conduct and Oath of Confidentiality
- Submit a clean Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work: This is a casual position and shifts will vary; Weekend and evening work is required.
Direct Reports: 0
Drivers License: Required No __x___ Yes ____ Class ___________
Education and Experience:
• Two years’ experience in public library work or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Requires high school graduation, Library Technician preferred
• Requires at least one to two years’ experience in dealing with the public
• Responsible for the basic care and proper usage of library equipment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Basic knowledge and capabilities with computers
• Provide support to library staff, including departmental vacation relief and back-up as called in from time to time.
The submission deadline for applications is 4:30 PM on Monday, March 26, 2018.
Salary: $18.66 - $22.91 (2018 Rate)
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Personal information provided by the applicants is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thornbury, The Blue Mountains