The Town of The Blue Mountains is a growing and progressive, four-season community with stunning natural features, including the Niagara Escarpment, Beaver Valley and the Georgian Bay shoreline, accompanied by the various recreational activities and experiences they afford. We are seeking to fill a new permanent, full-time position of Building Inspector (Small Buildings) in our Community Services Department.
Advantages of The Blue Mountains include excellent quality of life, endless opportunities, the amenities of a complete community and proximity to the Greater Toronto Area, come join us…
• To provide excellent customer service, as well as efficiently assist with operational and maintenance duties for the Harbour facility.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• To understand the requirements of boaters and to satisfy boating customers by providing the best possible services.
• To assist with the operations and maintenance of Harbour facilities which includes buildings, docks, equipment, cleaning washrooms, changing garbage’s.
• To assist with the operations which include assisting docking vessel, securing vessel to dock, aid vessel in departure from slip or fuel dock, fueling vessels, and using pump out system to discharge waste from a vessel to the Town’s waste system.
• Collect proper fees from transient boaters, daily launch boaters, fuel and pump out sales.
• To monitor that all vessels and ensure they are secured in a proper manner to eliminate damage to the boats or docks.
• To liaise with users, visitors and the public in an effective and courteous manner regarding the programs, policies, and procedures of the Harbour and its facilities.
• Personally, comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Perform other Town duties as assigned.
Information for Interested Candidates:
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the Town’s website, www.thebluemountains.ca under Local Government – Career Opportunities.
The submission deadline for applications is 4:30 PM on Monday, March 26, 2018.
Salary: $14.20 - $17.26 (2018 Rate)
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Personal information provided by the applicants is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thornbury, The Blue Mountains