Mar 28, 2018
Jun 11, 2018
Full-Time Permanent 6+ months
Trades, transport & equipment operators
$ 14-20 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
Please send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skilled, Experienced Painters Needed
We are looking for skilled painters both willing and able to paint/stain structures, buildings and other surfaces. An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right materials for their task. They have experience painting/staining with various tools (including rollers, brushes and even sprayers), and are confident working at various heights while complying to all safety measures. They must be reliable, show great initiative, and possess exceptional attention to detail in completing their assigned duties.
The goal is to deliver high-quality interior and exterior, painting/staining projects to both residential and commercial clients. We strive to provide a valued service characterized by quality, professionalism and integrity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Fill cracks, holes, or joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, or sanding machines.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors to determine work requirements.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, or other finishes to equipment, buildings, or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Erect scaffolding or swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience as a painter in residential, commercial, and/or industrial (both interior and exterior).
- Must display good organization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must display a very positive and professional demeanour.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must have reliable transportation, or have guaranteed carpooling arrangements.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to train and supervise new hires.
Job locations include: Owen Sound, Saugeen Shores, Meaford.
Please send your resume via email to email@example.com.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD