Canadian Base Operators Inc. (CBO) requires a permanent full-time Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice in its Meaford, Ontario location. This position will commence as soon as possible.
This position is responsible for all repairs assigned by the Vehicle and Equipment Repair Supervisor.
Essential job functions
• Perform corrective, preventative and modification maintenance on all vehicles and equipment assigned for repair
• Look up and order repair parts
• Perform recovery activities as a team member both during work hours and after work hours on a rotational basis
• Initiate Technical Failure Reports (TFRs)
• Operate and service trade specific and common hand and power tools
• Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free
• Wear personal protective equipment; ensure all fire, health & safety and environmental regulations are adhered to
• Physical work including, but not limited to, lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying heavy objects
• Some overtime and rotational weekend work is required
• Prepare personal timesheets
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications & Training
• 310T 2nd or 3rd year apprentice
• Valid DZ license required (AZ license preferred)
• Basic repair knowledge/experience of small engine repairs
• Basic repair knowledge/experience of portable generators and heaters
• Able to lift up to 50lbs
We offer competitive compensation including Group Benefits and a Company Pension Plan. All tools and uniforms are provided. Work hours are Mon – Fri, 7:30-4:00 with occasional overtime.