~~Role: The hours are approx. 25 hours per week. The program’s supervisor, will set out the hours and days. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a grocery budget, grocery shopping, menu planning, full food preparation and serving.
• Prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of food following restrictive diets according to planned menus for children (as required);
• Reviews menus, post weekly menu providing menu information for parents and other teachers before preparing meals and prepares and serves them properly and attractively;
• Ensures use of proper food handling techniques;
• In consultation with Child Care Supervisor, makes menu substitutions as necessary and records these in the designated place(s). Meets time schedule for of snacks and lunch meals and nourishments;
• Follows daily recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget;
• Dates, labels, and stores food properly;
• Grocery shopping based on needs associated with weekly meal planning and stores according to needs
• Maintain a clean (sanitary) and organized kitchen; ensure that the cleaning schedules are followed.
• Maintain a working environment that meets or exceeds all requirements from the Health Department and YMCA standards.
• Prepare and post weekly menu providing menu information for parents and other teachers
? Food Handlers Course (or be able to complete course) ? CPR / VSC valid within the last 90 days ? Valid Standard First Aid/ CPR level C ? Driver’s License and dependable transportation