~~This is a contract position (up to 26 hours) within the YMCA Before and After School program in Ripley, during the school year, 2018-2019. The candidate, may also be eligible for additional hours within the child care when available. These positions are to maintain the teacher child ratio within the Before and After school program and Child Care Centre. This person is to work within the purpose and Play to Learn philosophy of the YMCA and to provide leadership and direction for all areas of programming, ensuring the delivery of high quality programs and services to families. The candidate will be required to work the hours and days as set out by the program supervisor. The candidate will also be responsible for providing the YMCA curriculum, Playing to Learn.
• To plan and implement age appropriate activities and to present a safe/clean and visually appealing environment in accordance with Ministry of Education regulations CCEYA, and YMCA policies and procedures.
• To observe, record and communicate individual child development.
• To act as professional role models for children, volunteers, students and fellow staff.
• To interact and communicate effectively with children, families, YMCA staff and services and community contacts.
• To work together as an integral part of a team with the classroom and the whole centre, providing support and encouragement to one another.
• Attending monthly staff meetings, workshops and courses that may be directed by the child care supervisor.
• To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas and washrooms.
• To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff.
• To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well groomed.
• Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued no later than 90 days preceding start date.
• Must be or in the process of becoming an RECE or equivalent .eg Diploma in Rec. and Leisure, Child and Youth • Familiar with the CCEYA • CPR and First Aid certification • Experience and knowledge in Playing to Learn programming an asset • Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check within the past 90 days