The Town of The Blue Mountains is a growing and progressive, four-season community with stunning natural features, including the Niagara Escarpment, Beaver Valley and the Georgian Bay shoreline, accompanied by the various recreational activities and experiences they afford. We are seeking to fill a new permanent, part-time position of Program Assistant in our Public Library.
Advantages of The Blue Mountains include excellent quality of life, endless opportunities, the amenities of a complete community and proximity to the Greater Toronto Area, come join us…
• Provide support services to the Manager Public Services in areas of program development.
• Assist with planning, promoting, delivering and evaluating library programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Experience delivering programs across a wide range of age groups desirable.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in public library work or any equivalent combination of experience and training is desirable.
• A valid driver’s license.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Review and research potential programs and new ideas.
- Help to seek out and develop relevant relationships with community organizations to create partnerships, enhance the Library’s role in the community, support and enrich the Library’s services, and promote these within the community.
- Assist with programs and special events. Related duties as required.
- Assist with the training and supervision of students and/or volunteers.
- Work at the Circulation Desk, signing out, checking in, placing holds, collecting fines, re- shelving incoming items and noting their condition, setting aside those in need of repair, maintaining the patron database, reserves and interlibrary loans.
- Assist with Collection Development & Management functions as assigned including weeding and shelving.
- Advise patrons regarding reading material.
- Display and promote positive “Team Player” attitudes and actions. This includes positive communications with supervisors and other Town staff regarding ideas and initiatives to enhance the workplace improve policies, procedures and services.
- Communicate with the public in an effective and courteous manner regarding programs, policies, and procedures of the museum and the library.
- Personally comply with all health and safety practices as they relate to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health & Safety Act. Personally comply with, and assume appropriate supervisory responsibility for compliance with, all health and safety practices as they relate to the Library, standard operating guidelines and the occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Sign and adhere to the Library’s Code of Conduct and Oath of Confidentiality
- Submit a clean Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search. Perform other duties as assigned.
Information for Interested Candidates:
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the Town’s website, www.thebluemountains.ca under Local Government – Career Opportunities.
The submission deadline for applications is 4:30 PM on Thursday, April 26, 2018.
Salary: $18.66 - $22.91 (2018 Rate)
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Personal information provided by the applicants is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thornbury, The Blue Mountains