Apr 12, 2018
Apr 26, 2018
Part-Time Permanent Permanent
$ 15 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
Please email a copy of your resume for consideration to:
Please inform us of any schedule constraints at the time of application.
Please do NOT contact our office by phone regarding employment
317661 Hwy 6 &10 , Owen Sound Ontario N4K 5N6
Animal Care Attendant
Springwater Pet Resort
Springwater Pet Resort specializes in providing trusted, quality pet boarding and care. We ofer a variety of services such as overnight pet boarding, doggie daycare, and "pawesome" pet fun!
We are currently hiring for part-time animal care attendants. These postitions are ideal for those looking for casual work. Shifts will vary in frequency and duration. We offer flexible scheduling, a friendly and respectful environment, and good/fair compensation for the right candidates.
We are paticularly interested in applicants who are mature, reliable, and responsible animal lovers. Must be comfortable with dogs of all breeds and sizes.
Most shifts will occur weekdays; however you must be willing to work some weekends and holidays as needed. Shifts could start as early as 7am, or end as late as 11pm (no shifts longer than 8 hours) to ensure the best possible care for our guests. Frequency of shifts will vary from week to week, generally ranging from 1-2 shifts per week.
Within this position your responsibilities would include:
- Exercising/interacting with dogs and cats
- Supervising and building play groups
- Answering inquiries and booking reservations
- Ensuring quality care and treatment of all animals
- Responsible for the preparation and feeding of all animals
- Cleaning enclosures, dishes, litter pans, removing garbage, "poop patrol"
- Responsible for minitoring the well-being and behaviour of all animals
- Other duties as assigned/required
Qualifications and Skills we are seeking:
- Must have a genuine interest in, and concern for the overall well-being of animals and demonstrate empathy and compassion for animals
- Ability to recognize signs/symptoms of anxiety, pain, or sickness in animals
- Must be capable of lifting up to 40 lbs, and work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to learn and use basic booking/scheduling software
- Ability to remail calm and effective in stressful situations
- Must have dependable mode of transportation
- Must be dependable/reliable
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
Must have dependable mode of transportation. Must be able to work with other staff and the public in a positive, professional manner. Must be able to work with minimum supervision. *Preference will be given to those with previous pet care experience.
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD