Office Manager- Full-Time Permanent
Location: Owen Sound, ON
Who are we?
Established in 2018, Nuclear Equipment Supply Team is a locally owned and operated supplier to the Canadian Nuclear Power Generation supply chain. Our goal was to find a way to bring quality suppliers that specialize in different commodity products and services to Owen Sound, Ontario. Some of our partners predominantly support the Nuclear market in the USA; they are excited to bring decades of nuclear experience to the NEST team.
Although our company is relatively young, our experience in Nuclear Power spans several decades. Our business model is unique; we bring a broad range of products and services to Ontario, much of the testing, QA, Purchasing, machining, and fabrication will be done locally.
Finally, the ability to stock material locally significantly reduces lead-times and costs, while not compromising quality for our valued customers.
We are looking for someone who has experience wearing many hats; from administration, to purchasing, to project management. We want someone with the drive and ability to learn on the fly and break down barriers and challenges without day to day direction.
Ideally, we would like someone who has experience with a start-up company and who enjoys planting the seeds needed for a new company to flourish. If you are someone who has new and innovative ideas and has the confidence and strategy to execute them, then this may be the role for you!
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; performing all clerical functions
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures
- When given a project, provide detailed plan and define the scope with input from Engineering/QA
- Lead assigned projects to completion
- Perform presentations when needed
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Directs the day to day activities of security , maintenance and janitorial activities and associated contractors
- Ensures that all facilities are operated and maintained in a cost-effective and safe condition in accordance with the approved budget
- Plans, directs, and monitors the performance objectives of Maintenance personnel (internal and contactors)
- Responsible for shipping and receiving when required
- Acts as the liaison among different departments, suppliers and customers
- Obtain all information needed in order to provide sales quotes to customers as well as support for Engineering and QA for the initial review of purchase orders, included but not limited to, pricing, researching parts for availability and part number accuracy, information on current and past testing, and determining lead times
- Focus on efficiency, accuracy, attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt and successfully multi-task
- Current working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Project
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency
- Form strong working relationships with the team
- Post-secondary education in Business Management or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in leadership or management; or
- Certification in the discipline of Production/Project Management with a minimum of two (2) years of proven work experience as a coordinator/similar role
- Experience with procurement is an asset
- Experience in the nuclear division is an asset
NEST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence victim status or status as a protected veteran or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD