Product Engineer- Full-Time Permanent
Location: Owen Sound, ON
Who are we?
Established in 2018, Nuclear Equipment Supply Team is a locally owned and operated supplier to the Canadian Nuclear Power Generation supply chain. Our goal was to find a way to bring quality suppliers that specialize in different commodity products and services to Owen Sound, Ontario. Some of our partners predominantly support the Nuclear market in the USA; they are excited to bring decades of nuclear experience to the NEST team.
Although our company is relatively young, our experience in Nuclear Power spans several decades. Our business model is unique; we bring a broad range of products and services to Ontario, much of the testing, QA, Purchasing, machining, and fabrication will be done locally.
Finally, the ability to stock material locally significantly reduces lead-times and costs, while not compromising quality for our valued customers.
We are looking for someone who will help develop and interpret technical specifications required by customers. You will work as an effective member of NEST’s engineering and multi-disciplinary project team, sharing information, knowledge, energy, and skills to allow everyone to share in the success of reaching the company’s business and technical goals.
• Perform design reviews with the engineering team to ensure designs meet client requirements and quality standards
• Ensure design activities achieve product cost and functionality requirements
• Support quality lines with aid in troubleshooting, identifying and implementing quality improvements
• Generate and maintain accurate and thorough designs and drawings of products and associated components and sub-assemblies
• Perform root cause, apparent cause and/or common cause analysis and testing activities, when required
• Provide technical support to customers
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
• Take the lead on estimating customer quotations
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
• Maintains schedules through interaction with project management, engineering, production personnel and, and customers
• Focus on efficiency, accuracy, attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt and successfully multi-task
• Current working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Project
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• BS or MS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years of experience in design engineering
• Experience with failure analysis methodologies and implementation
NEST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence victim status or status as a protected veteran or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD