The Town of The Blue Mountains is a growing and progressive, four-season community with stunning natural features, including the Niagara Escarpment, Beaver Valley and the Georgian Bay shoreline, and the various recreational activities and experiences they afford. We are seeking to fill the position of Election Clerk.
Advantages of The Blue Mountains include excellent quality of life, endless opportunities, the amenities of a complete community and proximity to the Greater Toronto Area, come join us!
Under the direction of the Town Clerk, the Municipal Election Clerk participates in the preparation, development, implementation, and delivery of the 2018 Municipal Election in the Town of The Blue Mountains. As an employee of the Town, the Municipal Election Clerk must be non-partisan, i.e., they cannot have any political affiliation or bias.
The Municipal Election Clerk supports the Clerks Department by providing coordination and implementation of electoral events. The Municipal Election Clerk ensures that appropriate data is tracked and disseminated in support of the planning, preparation, and delivery of the 2018 Municipal Election in the Town of The Blue Mountains. The Election Clerk is also responsible for acting as a backup for election activities in the absence of the Clerk and the Deputy Clerk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Minimum high school graduation.
• Previous experience working in an administrative role in a team environment required.
• Previous experience dealing with matters that require strict confidentiality required.
• Previous election experience preferred.
• Good literacy skills (reading, writing and comprehension)
• Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise impartiality
• Knowledge of the AODA and the ability to serve voters with visible and non-visible disabilities.
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
• Good analytical skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to adhere to directions and standards.
• Ability to learn in a short time frame.
• Have experience in public relations.
• Have experience in conflict resolution.
• Be tactful and exercise good judgment.
• Have the ability to remain polite and courteous during times of stress (demonstrate professionalism).
Information for Interested Candidates:
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the Town’s website, https://www.thebluemountains.ca/employment-opportunities.cfm
The submission deadline for applications is 4:30 p.m. on Monday June 25, 2018.
Hourly Salary Range: $26.23 - $30.68 (2018 Rate).
Contract Month August 7, 2018 – October 26, 2018 / Part-Time Contract – 1 Position Available
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Personal information provided by the applicants is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thornbury, The Blue Mountains