~~Role: This position is within the YMCA Ripley Child Care in. The hours are approx. 25 hours per week. The program’s supervisor, will set out the hours and days. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a grocery budget, grocery shopping, menu planning, full food preparation and serving.
• Prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of food following restrictive diets according to planned menus for children (as required);
• Reviews menus, post weekly menu providing menu information for parents and other teachers before preparing meals and prepares and serves them properly and attractively;
• Ensures use of proper food handling techniques;
• In consultation with Child Care Supervisor, makes menu substitutions as necessary and records these in the designated place(s). Meets time schedule for of snacks and lunch meals and nourishments;
• Follows daily recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget;
• Dates, labels, and stores food properly;
• Grocery shopping based on needs associated with weekly meal planning and stores according to needs
• Maintain a clean (sanitary) and organized kitchen; ensure that the cleaning schedules are followed.
• Maintain a working environment that meets or exceeds all requirements from the Health Department and YMCA standards.
• Prepare and post weekly menu providing menu information for parents and other teachers
? Food Handlers Course (or be able to complete course) ? CPR / VSC valid within the last 90 days ? Valid Standard First Aid/ CPR level C ? Driver’s License and dependable transportation