peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers three years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
As a member of Food Service Team, the Food Service Worker / Dietary Aide will follow established policies, procedures and standards. This position assists with food preparation and provides meal service in a timely manner according to the Resident nutritional profile to maintain a pleasurable dining experience.
• Provides assistance to the Cook in the preparation and service of meals.
• Assists in the preparation, re-heating and service of beverages, breakfast items, vegetables, nourishment items, salads, desserts and catering as assigned.
• Serves meals and beverages, following Residents’ diets and food preferences, using the Dietary Profiles and Therapeutic Menus.
• Completes pre-start up equipment checks as necessary.
• Sets and cleans dining tables and trays.
• Area cleaning duties.
• Completed or enrolled in the Food Service Certificate Program
• Current Food Handler certification
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good listening skills.
• Performs well under stress.
• Works well with others.