Oct 3, 2018
Oct 17, 2018
How to Apply:
Please email your resume
965 2nd Avenue West , Owen Sound Ontario N4K 4M8
519 376 4357
Not afraid of hard work? Love being outside?
Farm in Singhampton is looking for farm hand for their agricultural operations. This role is a good fit for someone who has at least 3 years of agricultural work experience with a good mechanical aptitude.
Compensation: Salary and benefits
Duties and responsibilities
- Day to day general farm duties and maintenance as arranged by employer/farm manger
- Maintenance and operation of equipment and machinery. Machinery includes tractors, equipment.
- Prestart checks and preparation of equipment
- Chemical applications to bales of hay
- Workshop tidying and maintenance
- Fencing and fence maintenance
- Stockwork including yard work and mustering
- Soil conservation activities including tree planting
- Check and maintain water systems (dams, windmill, pumps, tanks etc)
- Domestic duties when required eg. rubbish disposal, mowing farmyard
- Ensuring the well being of all the animals on farm
- Feeding animals
- Moving animals from one area to another
- Alerting the farmer to any problems regarding the animals or the general environment
- Able to take direction and have an open mind to learning new tasks including asking for clarification
- Good Communication skills and team consciousness
- Self starter
- Flexibility: Able to keep up to work changes and environment
- Display problem solving ability (depending on level of experience).
- Organisational Skills
- Physical strength and stamina
Please email your resume to be considered for this role; those chosen to interview will be contacted.
Work Site Location:
Other/Out of Grey-Bruce
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD