Nov 21, 2018
Dec 21, 2018
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
How to Apply: Please forward your resume, quoting the “eHomeCare” in the subject line to Human Resources, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CarePartners welcomes applicants from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available throughout the hiring process upon request.
1139 2nd Ave E. , Owen Sound ON N4K 2J1
eShift Personal Support Worker
Position: Community Support Worker - eHomeCare Support Worker
Region: South West
Program: Personal Support and Homemaking
Bargaining Unit: SEIU Bargaining Unit
This is a part time to full time position, with a potential to work up to 5 nights/days per week, every other weekend is required. Shifts are nights, occasional days. Shifts will be between 8 and 12 hours in length.
eHomeCare provides service to patients who are palliative and/or complex pediatric.
As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities within our South West Branch for NEW and EXPERIENCED Personal Support Workers (internal reference: Community Support Worker). We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to care for end of life and complex pediatric patients in our community. This position requires special functions to be performed under the Supervision of an Registered Nurse.
A 50 hour paid palliative/pediatric orientation is provided.
To learn more about CarePartners, go to our website: http://carepartners.ca/careers/
Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carepartnersca/
- The eHomeCare Support Worker delivers palliative and/or pediatric care to clients within their own homes
- This is an integrated approach to palliative/pediatric care which facilitates a direct link of communication between a RN (via laptop) and the eHomeCare Support Worker (via iPhone) throughout their shift. These tools are provided to the enhanced support workers by the agency.Sensitive, individualized and proactive care is fundamental to the care that is provided to the clients
- A significant component of the responsibilities expected from the eHomeCare Support Worker will be to assist and support the client's family
- PSW Certification or equivalent (e.g., RN/RPN - licensed or retired class) with further education in palliative care preferred
- Passion for providing holistic, sensitive, individualized care to clients at end of life or complex pediatric clients
- Comfort in using technology such as a cellphone, iPhone or BlackBerry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with providing care to clients in their own homes - previous experience an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively with nurses, as part of a team, is crucial
- Ability to work independently, yet take direction, is essential
- Must have a valid drivers' license and/or access to reliable transportation means
Total Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive wages PLUS Ministry of Health Wage Enhancement
- Flexibility in establishing work schedule
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through LifeWorks
- Access to Perkopolis (Canadian’s Discount Program)
- Paid multi-day orientation, including in-class and in-field training
- Skills training (ongoing opportunities)
- Supportive Leadership team
- 24/7 On-Call Support
- Service Milestone Recognition Program
Specific details on compensation and benefits to be discussed at time of interview.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
Personal Support Worker Certificate is required
Other Job Requirements:
VSS, TB Test
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD