Nov 29, 2018
Jan 4, 2019
Full-Time Permanent Permanent
Business, Finance & Administration
$ $40,000-$45,760 per annum
Salary structure currently under review
Hours per Week:
How to Apply: email@example.com
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to Susan Schrempf, President & CEO by Friday, January 4, 2018. Application information will be accepted by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter “Reservation Department Team Leader” in subject line.
Reservation Department Team Leader
Owen Sound Transportation Company
The Owen Sound Transportation Company (OSTC) is one of Ontario’s largest ferry operators providing state-of-the-art passenger, vehicle, and cargo transportation services.
We are currently seeking a full-time (40 hours a week, plus on call) Reservation Supervisor to join our team. The OSTC is an operational enterprise agency of the Province of Ontario, operating safe, efficient, and reliable ferry operations through the following services: the M.S. Chi-Cheemaun on the Tobermory and South Baymouth route, the M.V. Niska 1 on the Moosonee and Moose Factory route, and the M.V. Jiimaan and M.V. Pelee Islander on the Leamington/Kingsville to Pelee Island and Sandusky, Ohio routes.
The OSTC works with several stakeholders, provincial ministries, authorities, and regulatory bodies to achieve operational objectives. We offer excellent growth opportunities, benefits package, flexible schedule, and a trusting environment.
Position: Reservation Department Team Leader
Reports to: Manager, Customer and Media Relations
Location: Owen Sound, ON
Reporting to the Manager, Customer and Media Relations, the Reservations Supervisor will lead the team consisting of up to 5 seasonal student reservations agents (May to September). You will provide daily supervision and to ensure all agents meet the organization’s targets for customer service excellence. As a highly motivated leader that thrives in a fast-paced environment, you will instil a culture that inspires others to achieve success.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Promote a positive team culture to maximize productivity and customer satisfaction
- Process customer inquiries over the phone and e-mail (reservation requests, special events such as Dinner Cruise reservations, and complaints) in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer information
- Train new reservations agents on relevant job duties and company policies (e.g. using the computer software system and understanding appropriate etiquette to achieve customer service excellence)
- Monitor schedules for reservation agents to ensure staffing models meet variable call volumes
- Review daily reservation manifests to ensure bookings are accurate, complete, and maximize ferry capacity; flag capacity concerns to the Terminal Supervisors for escalation
- Provide general tourism information services to the public, including point-of-sale functions (e.g. Chi-Cheemaun merchandise, tickets, gift certificates) at the OSTC Springmount office
- Escalate major quality concerns (e.g. customer complaints, booking anomalies, or other conflicts) to the Manager, Customer and Media Relations
During the off-season (October to April), other administrative and marketing duties may be assigned. Potential activities include assisting the Manager, Customer and Media Relations with the distribution of annual ferry literature and preparing media and marketing materials.
Territory of operation includes Owen Sound, ON. Direct staff responsibilities include the supervision and management of up to 5 student reservation agents. Indirect staff responsibilities include Reservations/Ticket Agents in Tobermory and South Baymouth. This position may be required to provide support in response to business requirements during weekends, holidays, and other non-standard working times while the vessels are in operation.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service related positions (e.g. front desk, online, telephone, or call center environment)
- College Diploma or University degree in a related field (e.g. Hotel Management, Tourism) or equivalent employment experience
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Knowledge of regional tourism service industries is preferred
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative with minimal guidance
- Ability to handle competing priorities under tight timelines
- Strong desire to coach, mentor and develop a team
- Adaptive and flexible to a changing environment
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation and conflict resolution abilities
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,760
Benefits: Comprehensive Health Benefit package
Pension Plan: Ontario Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP)
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD