Jan 16, 2019
Feb 21, 2019
Sales & services
$ 16-21 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Network Techician - Level 1
Infinity Network Solutions
A leading provider of Managed Network Services in Canada is currently seeking a Network Technician Level 1, to join their growing team. If you a highly motivated team player with a "Can Do" attitude, who is a quick learner looking to expand your technical knowledge in an environment that promotes based on productivity, then this is the job for you!
The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide 1st level support of product line for customer and internal systems.
- Providing 1st level support to resolve problems on internal and customer systems as per the SOP
- Work with the Level 2 techs and Level 3 engineers to perform customer and internal installations including server racking, network setup and application configuring
- Support of product lines including: Operating Systems, Applications, Network, Backup, Security, Web Analytics and Mail
- Work with engineering & support staff on system O/S and application installation & configuration
- Develop and maintain support documentation including support guides, knowledgebase articles, procedures, and online customer information
- Work rotating On-Call shifts that provide for 24x7
- Data centre work including hardware and cable installation and troubleshooting, remote hands for customers and professional services
- SOP Adherence (declare severities, follow escalation procedures, notifying customers, etc)
- Interface between customers/engineers, vendors and ISP's
- Monitoring the daily performance of operating environment/applications using established tools and procedures
- Create and maintain all operations documentation, procedures and schedules
- Implement and maintain the operations/production processes environment to ensure that SLA’s are met and that all operational problems are tracked and resolved efficiently
- Analyze all computer operations process and procedures to ensure that overall performance and SLA’s can be maintained and measured and improved upon
- Deal with customer calls, providing information where possible.
- Provide day-to-day operational support to users.
- Additional responsibilities include hardware and software installations, hardware replacement, customer installations and other duties as required.
- College diploma or equivalent
- Required Education: IT Diploma from recognized technical institution along with up to date, relevant industry certifications (ie, MCSE 2003, CCNA, MCSA etc)
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows Servers, peripherals and telecommunications devices and hardware.
- Mission critical attitude
- Maintain complete user confidentiality and trust
- Solid time management and problem analysis resolution skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and support skills
- Excellent end-user communication, both written and oral
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in Linus and Windows Server
- Confidence in your own abilities and a willingness to make decisions and escalate when necessary.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills rapidly
- Must have an interest in emerging technologies.
- Must be available to work rotational On-Call shifts (evenings, weekends).
- Experience in a multi-platform server and networking environment
- Training and/or experience with at least two of the following is required for this position:
- Windows Server
- Apple O/S’s
- Experience performing a similar role preferably within a managed hosting environment
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD