Feb 8, 2019
Mar 8, 2019
Full-Time Seasonal/Contract June 24, 2019 – August 23, 2019
$ 16.00 - $17.25 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
By Mail: Grey Sauble Conservation
237897 Inglis Falls Road, R.R.#4
Owen Sound, ON
Subject: Summer Employment
Include: 1. What job(s) you are applying for
2. The date you are able to start work
3. Resume and Cover letter
237897 Inglis Falls Road R.R.#4, Owen Sound Ontario N4K 5N6
Day Camp Supervisor
Grey Sauble Conservation
Reporting to the Programs and Communications Planner, the Day Camp Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising the Grey Sauble Day Camp, as well as training staff and volunteers. The Grey Sauble Day Camp provides programing for approximately 30 campers per day between the ages of 7 and 12.
This position will include, but is not limited to:
- Developing programing/content for Day Camp and updating a manual to be used by staff and volunteers.
- Updating and implementing a safety procedures checklist.
- Conducting inventory and purchasing necessary materials.
- Providing training opportunities and taking a lead role in the operation of the Grey Sauble Day Camp, including planning and implementing games, crafts, and outdoor activities with the campers.
- Ensuring a safe environment for campers, other staff and volunteers.
- Providing lead supervision during outdoor and indoor activities, bus trips, and swimming excursions.
- Maintaining open and effective communication with parents of campers.
- Arranging the necessary materials and equipment for games, crafts, and outdoor/indoor activities.
- Tracking administrative documentation (ie. Signoffs for pickup/drop off, early drop off and late pick up etc.).
- Filing and ensuring completeness of medical and emergency documentation for campers.
- Maintaining clear communication with the Programs and Communications Planner, and other GSCA staff as needed, regarding daily schedules and Day Camp operations.
- Ensuring service excellence.
- Delivering end of Day Camp survey to parents of campers.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years camp programing or related child/youth programing experience.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly motivated, creative, and adaptable with the ability to provide guidance to other staff and volunteers with minimal supervision.
- Enrollment or completion of an applicable post-secondary program is an asset.
- Knowledge of the natural environment is an asset.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR.
- National Lifeguard Service (NLS) Certification is an asset.
- Criminal Reference Check with results satisfactory to Grey Sauble Conservation.
Working Conditions: primarily in the great outdoors!
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD