Feb 8, 2019
Mar 15, 2019
Full-Time Seasonal/Contract April, 2019 – June, 2019
$ 14.00 per hour
Hours per Week:
up to 44
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining the GSCA team, please submit your resume highlighting your relevant job experience to:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
By Mail: Grey Sauble Conservation Authority
237897 Inglis Falls Road, R.R.#4
Owen Sound, ON
237897 Inglis Falls Road R.R.#4, Owen Sound Ontario N4K 5N6
Tree Planters (casual)
Grey Sauble Conservation
Reporting to the Forestry Coordinator, the role of the Tree Planter is to assist with the planting of trees on private land and on Grey Sauble Conservation Authority (GSCA) lands and perform other forestry related activities.
This position will include, but is not limited to:
- Assist GSCA forestry staff with tree planting operations;
- Manual and/or mechanical tree planting, loading and unloading of nursery stock, potting trees and shrubs; and
- Other duties related to GSCA operations as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Secondary school graduation and/or related job experience.
- Valid Ontario class G driver’s license with clean driving abstract.
- Knowledge of tree species and planting practices is considered an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate safe operation of vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Reliable, honest, hardworking, and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work long hours outdoors, including weekend work as required.
- Heavy lifting required (up to 25 kg).
- Mainly outdoors, in all weather conditions, with some inside work.
- Some weekend work maybe required.
*Work Boots (green patch certified) required.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD