Apr 9, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Sales & services
Full Time Maintenance
Heritage Place Shopping Centre
Maintenance Worker reporting to the Operations Manager.
WORKING HOURS: 40 hrs./wk, Variable Shifts
Operates and assists in the repair and maintenance of the Shopping Centre's
equipment and building systems towards the objective of peak efficiency resulting in
maximum retailer and shopper comfort.
- Assist in the operation and daily inspection of all HVAC, mechanical, electrical,
telecommunication, life safety and lifting device equipment to ensure efficient
performance. Performs minor repairs and adjustments as needed.
- Conduct all HVAC/RTU quarterly maintenance by changing belts, filters and coil washing.
- Monitor the Energy Management System and make adjustments as necessary.
- Assist with the maintenance and control of wet and dry sprinkler systems.
Co-ordinate with the Security Department, monitoring company and contractors in
draining and refilling sprinkler systems as required.
- Assist with all exterior landscaping from cutting grass, weeding flowers beds to
planting all seasonal flowers.
- Assist with the monitoring and control of all life safety equipment including the
fire alarm and sprinkler systems, fire hydrants, standpipe connections, fire doors, etc.
- Answer all tenant calls regarding heating, cooling problems & building emergencies
(i.e, water leaks); co-ordinate same with the tenant to ensure proper repair is being
completed on a timely basis.
- Assist in the seasonal shutdown of heaters.
- Assist in the cleaning of return air grills for the malls common area air-handling units.
- Assist with snow removal, salting and stacking new salt supplies during all winter operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC SECONDARY DUTIES:
- Record makeup water meter readings & utility consumption for those with check meters
- Changing lights and ballasts under the supervision of the Building Electrician. (ll0 volt only).
- Performs minor building repairs incl. electrical, plumbing, door repairs, furniture, etc.
- Perform daily door, public washroom and common area furniture inspections & repairs
- Works with contractors on scheduled diagnostic and periodic legislative tests/inspections
of building systems and related equipment to ensure reliability.
- Organize and maintain operations storage and workshop area,
- Assist in coordinating and supervising all contracts and contractors as outlined by
- Perform and supervise all minor tasks as requested by the Operations Manager, which
directly or indirectly affects the operations of the shopping centre.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus trade qualifications (i.e. Building Environmental
Systems (BES), HVAC, Building Systems Technician, Stationary Engineering, etc.)
other trades considered and a minimum of l-3 years of directly related hands on experience.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to operate, perform Preventative Maintenance
on and trouble shoot if reactive maintenance is required including: HVAC, electrical,
fire alarm panels, Sprinkler Systems, Emergency power generators, Waste Compactor
equipment, etc. and read related drawings.
- Must be familiar with Green building rating systems and associated duties: LEED-EB,
BOMA Best or equivalent;
- Must be familiar with energy management best practices associated program requirements;
- Familiar with automated preventative maintenance programs and has basic keyboarding skills
- Hands on knowledge in repairing building components such as lights, ballasts, plumbing
& door hardware.
- Hands on knowledge in a variety of trades (i.e. basic plumbing, electrical, drywall, carpentry)
and use of related manual and power tools.
- Familiar with Provincial Health & Safety Legislation (i.e. WHMIS, Occupational H&S Act).
- Physically fit enabling reasonable lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, walking and working outside.
- Ability to work independently on certain tasks and with other team members for tasks requiring
more than 1 person.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills dealing with tenants, service contractors
- Ability to work a 40 hour week; shifts over 7 days per week; rotating weekends on a
scheduled basis; start shifts at different times including afternoons, nights or early mornings
depending on the tasks usually on a scheduled basis but sometimes on an emergency basis.
- Possess a Valid Ontario Driver's License with an acceptable driving abstract, be bondable and a
- On call for emergencies on a rotational basis.
If you, or anyone that you know of, are interested in applying for this position, please forward your
Tony Zulkosky, Operations Manager
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD