Mar 6, 2019
Mar 29, 2019
Full-Time Seasonal/Contract Position from June 17, 2019 - August 30, 2019
Sales & services
$ 18 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
Please submit a one to two-page cover letter outlining your experience and skills as related to this project with your resume or curriculum vitae by Friday, May 17, 2019 (11:59pm) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark your email message: Summer Student – Story Maker
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
QUILL Learning Network- Hiring a Story Maker- Ideal Student Job
QUILL Learning Network is looking to hire a Story Maker for 11 weeks to create videos of successful learners in the Adult Literacy & Upgrading programs in the Bruce, Grey, Huron, Perth and South Georgian Bay and to prepare a public awareness campaign for International Literacy Day.
This position would start June 17, 2019 and finish August 30, 2019. Student will work out of the Walkerton office.
- Self-starter with prior experience creating short videos (including experience from school)
- Ability to use modern digital design and video editing software
- Ability to use digital video device
- General understanding of animation and video effect manipulation
- Ability to direct people, manage situations, create storyboards and shoot professionally within time limits
- Having your own equipment is a plus
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications as well as internet-based tools
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- High degree of personal integrity and pride in your work
- Valid driver’s license
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
- Intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
- Connect with successful learners to develop video stories
- Develop storyboards based on the success stories to demonstrate concepts prior to filming
- Filming at various locations
- Ensure timely and accurate updates to the Executive Director
- Investigate methods of marketing the videos to determine best options, prepare an information awareness campaign for International Literacy Day
- Edit video clips into creative compilations
- Optimize, organize and prepare files for use
- Must have access to their own vehicle to travel throughout the QUILL region
The Story Maker position will work Monday to Friday for 35 hours/week over 11 weeks ($18.00/hr).
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD