Services Procurement Supervisor
Black & McDonald Ltd.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Services Procurement Supervisor position is located at our office located in Tiverton, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Logistics / Facilities Warehouse Manager.
The Services Procurement Supervisor shall be responsible to oversee and participating in the purchase of general and specialized equipment, materials and business services for use at the Bruce Power site.
To provide technical and administrative support to the company with emphasis on sourcing, negotiating price and purchasing material, assist in estimating, provide field staff support and issue purchase orders in a timely fashion.
The Services Procurement Supervisor will be responsible for assessing and identifying the material requirements for the project work using references such as schedules, estimates, bills of material, Passport, and other information sources within the Bruce Power and Black & McDonald, Power Generation Region. Monitor and report on procurement progress, inventory variances and early identification of shortages, and identify remedial actions. Receive and expedite material to the site trade groups. Maintain lists of the site tools, equipment and rentals.
Demonstrate a positive and professional demeanour while conducting business on behalf of Black & McDonald with the scope of operations of the MCR & B07 warehouse project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce all company Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure team members have been provided with all documentation and qualification knowledge required to perform work scope activities in accordance with all company Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Compile training notifications directed by Black & McDonald training department and provide list to notify individual crew members.
- Identify and source materials, equipment or services based on evaluation of cost, quality of goods & services as required.
- Ensuring that changes to procurement requirements are documented and approved.
- Negotiate purchase contracts for cost, delivery and other terms as required.
- Liaison with Quality, Accounting, Project Management and Site, as and when required.
- Utilize the Black & McDonald Event Report (BMR) system for process improvement.
- Verify all completed timesheets and support job clock exception reports.
- Submit compiled daily attendance to Site Administrator as received from Foremen.
- Conduct and submit Observation & Coaching cards and Site Inspections on a weekly basis in accordance with company policy and OHSA.
- Help to maintain reports, process, training, safety and quality records as required.
- Support warehouse/tool crib objectives and strategies on a short and long term basis.
- Help to manage materials from the supply base, on and off site storage and delivery to the end user within the B07 Warehouse and Tool crib areas responsibilities.
- Use Warehouse supplied software for monitoring of inventory and client demands.
- Help develop and manage schedules for the movement of material from the Warehouse to site specific tool cribs.
- Ensure all team members under their control are qualified and trained for all equipment being used.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and signed off/approved before orders are placed with vendors.
- Find and source material and suppliers as required, within budget, with best delivery as to provide the best-delivered cost for a project.
- Complete procurement activities in accordance with documented procedures, while ensuring only approved suppliers and subcontractors per our Quality Assurance program.
- Increase / close out vendor purchase orders.
- Ensure that changes to procurement requirements are documented and approved.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of the Warehouse and Tool crib procedures and processes.
- Ensure company compliance to be within laws and regulations regarding the transport and storage of nuclear, hazardous and consumable materials with consultation and input from applicable partners and organizations.
- Assist with implementing Cycle Counts and Annual Inventory Counts.
- Review and process returns, claims and other supplier issues.
- Liaison with Quality, Project Management, Site and Finance as and when required.
- Additional duties as required.
- Communicates effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills).
- Holds self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload).
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills).
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment).
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of
Other Job Requirements:
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Shall be a competent person as defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
First Aid/CPR/W.H.M.I.S Certifications, desirable.
Analytical with strong problem solving skills.
Effective Communication, Presentation and Written skills.
Knowledge of applicable laws, government regulation and documentation requirements to the role.
Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change.
Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD