Health, Safety, Environmental & Human Performance Manager
Black & McDonald Ltd.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Health, Safety, Environmental & Human Performance (HSE & HU) Manager position is located at our office located in Tiverton, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Bruce Power Operations Manager.
The HSE & HU Manager provides leadership to and support Black & McDonald Health, Safety and Environmental policy and activities within Power Generation Region. Implement initiatives undertaken by the Division, the clients, the Region, and the National Safety Committee. Participate in strategic initiatives, committees, and client forums representing the Region.
Supervise the department staff providing feedback; annual job performance reviews, training recommendations, and other supervisory functions.
Provide regular updates to the Division Managers and immediately inform the Division Managers of all serious incidents, accidents, and issues.
Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
Advisors will evaluate and monitor health and safety hazards and develop strategies to control risks in the workplace. They inspect construction, industrial, and commercial and other workplaces to ensure compliance with company, client, and government policies, procedures and regulations regarding sanitation, pollution control, the handling and storage of hazardous substances and workplace safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration/management of loss control program.
- Coordinate site safety advisor(s) activity and ensure that the duties, responsibilities and authority are clearly defined.
- Assist, advise and coach organization and staff with
- Hazard identification and control
- Training requirements
- Job/project safety plans
- Review incident and inspection reports and ensure that corrective action and follow-up is taken.
- Review and investigate problems not resolved by site supervisors and contractors.
- Review and manage WSIB claims and make appropriate recommendations.
- Establish inspection and meeting schedules.
- Coordinate the development of safe work practices and job procedures.
- Maintain inventory of safe work practices and job procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate practices and procedures are provided to supervisory staff.
- Conduct random work site inspections to ensure compliance with company policy and legislation.
- Conduct scheduled workplace audits.
- Maintain a location inventory of all company emergency equipment (first aid kits, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations etc.).
- Review the purchase and maintenance of safety equipment.
- Conduct internal audits of company loss control programs.
- Participate in national safety committee initiatives.
- Review OPEX and communicate relevant information to the Region.
- Establish company objectives that defines the key results areas of the Division and Region
- Ensure accurate investigation, reporting and effective cleanup of spills.
- Train workforce to ensure compliance to regulations.
- Establish and maintain Health Safety and Environment Plan that fosters a climate of continuous improvement within the Division and an atmosphere where the division’s performance is considered “best in class”.
- Continue to look for and create opportunities to advise, coach and assist management and supervisory staff.
- Support the following concepts; “safe production” and “safety starts with me-never pass a fault”.
- Embed a strong Nuclear Safety Culture throughout the organization through identified training that serves the needs of Black & McDonald Limited and our client.
- Create a Power Generation Region HSE & Human Performance Training & Development Strategic Plan through identify training and development needs within an organization. Through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with managers and human resources.
- Amending and revising programs as necessary, in order to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment.
- Helping line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- Increasingly, having an understanding of e-learning techniques and training business trends.
- Managing regular staff appraisals and reviews and making sure staff have opportunities for ongoing development.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Provide oversight for training/ onboarding team
- Manage missed training for trades as required
- Organize and prepare trade in house training when required
- Responsible for the revamping / redevelopment of the Power Generation Region New Hire Orientation working closely with all divisions for consensus.
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met for tradesmen.
- Helping line managers and trainers solve specific trade training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- All serious incidents
- All regulatory incidents and orders
- Manager reporting
- KRA metrics
- Supporting activities
- Provide update Divisional reports
- Strategic planning
- Objective setting
- Year-end report
- Review of personal objectives
- Job description update of all safety team employees
- Job performance reviews of all direct reports
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 5 years of related
Other Job Requirements:
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Analytical with strong problem solving skills.
• Effective Communication, Presentation and Written skills.
• Knowledge of applicable laws, government regulation and documentation requirements to the role.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change.
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• A Client Security
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD