Entry Level - Help Desk Support Specialist
Title: Entry Level - Help Desk Support Specialist
Location: Owen Sound, ON
Type: Full time, Permanent position
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Industry: Outsourcing: Managed Hosting Solutions
Hours: 42.5 Monday thru Friday, On-Call rotation
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, two days paid sick leave annually, 2 day paid personal time annually, paid vacation day for your birthday and money toward continuing education.
A leading provider of Managed Network Services in Canada is currently seeking a Help Desk Support Specialist, to join their growing team. If you a highly motivated team player with a "Can Do" attitude, who is a quick learner looking to expand your technical knowledge in an environment that promotes based on productivity, then this is the job for you!
The primary responsibility of this position will be to create service requests and triage for a variety of remotely managed organizations.
• Being the first response to support requests involving various hardware, software, networking,
and operating system problems
• Ensure that help desk requests are addressed in a timely fashion
• Work closely with other IT teams to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues, including diagnosing system errors and other issues
• Act as a liaison between users and tier 2 support resolution
• Achieve Help Desk objectives by ensuring consistent accurate and timely problem resolution to end users on all desktop services; work within productivity, quality and customer service standards
• Setup, configure, maintain and support new user equipment
• Ensure successful installation of user equipment and software
• Support company office/cell phones
• Assists with upgrade implementations, application support, and network infrastructure expansions.
• Performs preventive maintenance and repairs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Degree or diploma in IT/Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Experience in a help/service desk environment an asset
• Ability to execute daily prioritization and delegation of support requests
• Knowledge of Microsoft products, PC hardware, network, and telecom
• Strong communication, problem-solving and time-management skills
• Excellent time and workload management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Office 365 Experience an asset
• Server 2012+ and all related technologies an asset
• Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Two days paid sick leave annually
• Two day paid personal time annually
• Paid vacation day for your birthday
• Money toward continuing education
• Job Type: Full-time