Apr 11, 2019
May 10, 2019
Manufacturing & utilities
$ 15.27 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
We are looking for personable, reliable, team-oriented people who like to learn and have fun. If you're the kind of person who thrives on challenge, can problem-solve in their sleep, and just loves working with their hands then you are exactly who we need to talk to! Consider a production assembly career at Caframo – building Canadian products to ship all around the world!
Caframo is accepting resumes for the role of Senior Production Assembler.
- A breathtaking view of Colpoys Bay from the production floor.
- Daily free healthy snacks program.
- Friendly, highly communicative work culture with an emphasis on camaraderie, social and charity events.
- Bright, clean, safety-focused work environment.
- Training and development focused around helping our employee’s grow.
- Continuous improvement, looking to our employees for ideas and opportunities for innovation and efficiency.
- Full benefits including health, dental and access to a healthcare spending account.
- The ability to participate in the company RRSP matching program – up to 2% of your annual earnings.
Starting Pay: $15.27
- Assemble product and sub-assemblies according to production work instructions, safety procedures and quality standards.
- Prepare line set-ups and conduct daily equipment checks.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently as per your Caframo approved training and capabilities.
- Participate in cross functional meetings and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Log all activities and information into the production data capture system (Epicor – MES).
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and identify equipment for maintenance, as required.
- Complete first-off article inspections and document for quality assurance.
- Conduct product quality testing and identify non-conformance issues for follow-up.
- Support process improvement activities, quality re-work requirements and take pro-active steps to identify and address any assembly issues in production.
- Train for and maintain knowledge of one or more specialty areas or equipment operations. Including, but not limited to: Pad Printing, Calibration and testing, Molding machine operation, Laser Engraver operation and/or Fork Lift operator.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, and at least one of the following: One year of a post-secondary education program, completion of a production related training certificate, or 3-5 years manufacturing experience.
- 1 -3 years production or general manufacturing experience, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to use handheld tools, handle small parts and assemble a finished product.
- Demonstrated physical ability to hold, lift, carry, push and pull items up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to read and understand English text and apply the written information presented.
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal instructions and ideas.
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of basic computer operation and intermediate skill in working with windows-based applications.
- Strong math skills with the ability to confidently add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in identifying, defining and communicating issues and problems.
- Demonstrated interest and willingness to learn and apply new concepts, skills, and techniques.
Shifts: Will include day, afternoon, and evening shifts. Monday to Friday, with optional overtime on weekends.
Applications are being collected for future consideration and will be kept for six months.
In compliance with AODA, Caframo, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD