Aug 9, 2019
Sep 9, 2019
$ 17.37 per hour
Starting wages listed
How to Apply:
Subject Line: Dietary Services Position Application
GOLDEN DAWN SENIOR CITIZEN HOME
80 Main Street, Lion’s Head, ON N0H 1W0
Attn: Nicole Cruickshank
80 Main Street , Lion's Head ON N0H 1W0
Dietary Services - Cooks
Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home
About the Job:
The Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home is accepting applications for casual/part-time Dietary Services - Cooks. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing based and assessed based on departmental vacancies.
The successful applicant must demonstrate resident-focused care in terms of positive behaviour and attitude. Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, patience, flexibility and adaptability are required in this role. Computer skills are an asset.
Work With Us:
- We focus on work life balance, guaranteed hours based on your position type and flexible hours.
- Competitive wages, benefits, dental, 100% drug coverage and pension plan, based on class (FT) of position. (PT & Casual are paid in lieu.)
- Financial assistance may be available to staff to assist in reaching career goals within our facility.
- We work in a family setting, in a close knit, supportive team environment.
- We promote and support long term employment opportunities.
- Applying to work with us is an easy application process.
- Ensures a high level of customer service is provided to all residents, at all times.
- Ensures kitchen standards are maintained.
- Prepares high quality food and ensures that all food is presented in an attractive manner.
- Assists with food prep, stock supply and cleaning.
- Executes safe operation of all equipment.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Cook papers/Red Seal/Food Service Worker Certification or enrollment in such program.
Valid Food Handler Safety Certificate
Experience working in large quantity institution is an asset.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to follow instructions and work both independently and as a team is an asset.
Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are an asset.
Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD