Aug 14, 2019
Sep 30, 2019
Full-Time Permanent Permanent
Trades, transport & equipment operators
based on previous experience
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
Please apply via email only. Thank you.
438840 Grey Rd 15 , Annan Ontario N0H 1B0
DJ Peat Roofing & Sheet Metal
D.J Peat Roofing and Sheet Metal is looking for estimators to join there team!
Since 1972, D.J. Peat Roofing and Sheet Metal has proudly served Southwestern Ontario as a trusted roofing contractor. We stand by our credo – Quality Above All and guarantee our work. D.J. Peat offers decades of experience in commercial, industrial and residential roofing solutions, as well as the highest level of safety policies and procedures
About the position:
An Estimator with D.J Peat is a skilled role, in which the Estimator works out how much it is going to cost to supply products and services in order to complete the repairs/builds needed. Do to the fact that this is a service job you will be required to respond to multiple requests and prioritize accordingly.
General Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
• Understand and prepare takeoffs/estimates for assigned jobs
• Attending pre-tender site meetings to prepare an accurate estimate
• Prepare quotations and tenders.
• Stay current on addendums and drawing revisions before time of tender.
• Tenders to be checked before closing.
• Be aware and informed of all new materials or techniques in your field by attending material manufacturer’s seminars, trade shows, etc
• Follow-up on your quotes and tenders and confirm the outcome
• Review all contracts and accepted quotations. Review with Management for final approval
• Write up work orders completely and in a concise and timely manner so to assist scheduling and purchasing of materials at the best prices.
• Prepare materials order sheets for jobs
• Initiating & developing relationships with key decision makers in all serviceable markets.
• Develop good working relationships with current clients to ensure full quality and satisfaction
• Coordinating own efforts with national and local Business Development.
• Develop new clients; maintain and grow ongoing business relationships through direct and frequent communication.
• Identifying and sourcing out prospective clients from various sectors to achieving business targets.
• Generate leads for new business
• Remote interactions and presentations / demos.
• Supporting corporate initiatives and business development objectives.
What We Offer:
Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience)
Access to Company vehicle and gas
Deferred Profit Sharing Plan - Dollar for Dollar Matching
$300 clothing allowance twice per year
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
• Experience and knowledge in various types of roo
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD