Sep 11, 2019
Sep 25, 2019
Manufacturing & utilities
To be negotiated
Hours per Week:
How to Apply: email@example.com
Please forward resume to:
Bellwyck Packaging Inc.
Performs key accounting duties and functions in the support of the business. Works closely with Plant Management and Corporate providing financial analysis to determine plant performance & customer profitability. Highlights opportunities for improvement. Responsible for analysis on Investment decisions, and the management of working capital. Assists in various corporate projects as needed. Manages accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, payroll and other accounting systems. Ensures transactions are recorded accurately, timely and in compliance with Accounting principles and protocols. Compiles, evaluates and reports timely and accurate financial information. Supervises the Accounting staff in Owen Sound, Langley & Quebec locations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- CPA (CA, CMA or CGA) designation with 5+ years related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Sound accounting knowledge and practical experience
- PC literate: i.e. Microsoft Office suite of products, excellent skills in Excel and spreadsheet preparation, experience and knowledge with a variety of accounting software programs, internet navigation, etc.
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills to organize evaluate and report data
- Strong organizational skills to ensure accessibility to information, data integrity, proper storage and filing of information, etc.
- Self motivated. Ability to multi-task, work independently and with minimal direction
- Minor travel between the Owen Sound and Langley sites, with occasional travel to other sites is required
- Written communication skills to prepare narratives and reports
- Excellent oral communication skills to interface with staff, external auditors, etc.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, lends expertise and advice with respect to accounting decisions, business decisions and overall strategic planning.
- Responsible for the effective and accurate operation of accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, fixed assets, and job costing.
- Manages receivables, accounts payables, collections & invoicing.
- Compiles, prepares and presents financial information on a monthly/quarterly and
fiscal year-end basis.
- Leads annual budget process for Owen Sound and Langley plants
- Provides monthly analysis and feedback to site leadership, divisional president and corporate director of finance on actual results versus budget and outlines recommendations to resolve discrepancies
- Supports Corporate Payroll with the management of bi monthly payment schedule.
- Responsible for government remittances (HST,QST etc).
- Conducts and/or participates in financial audits resolving issues and anomalies.
- Ensures all payable invoices for respective plants are properly approved before payment in the Accounting System.
- Manages support staff if/as applicable. Provides mentorship and employee development.
- Develops and implements Accounting policies, procedures and practices.
- Conducts internal audits ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
- Participates in Corporate Finance projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Performs account reconciliations for Owen Sound, Langley & Quebec plants
- Maintains costing, overhead and labour rates in ERP system
- Maintains foreign exchange rates in ERP system
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
CPA (CA, CMA or CGA) designation with 5+ years experience
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD