~~Start Date: Immediate
Wage Range: $14.71 - $16.29 per hour (plus available WEG $2.00 per hour provides $16.71 to $18.29 per hour). We also offer, benefits, retirement savings and a free YMCA membership!
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for energetic, positive, team players that love children. You enjoy working in a group setting. You get immense satisfaction from knowing that your contribution directly affects the learning and development of children in our care and the success of our team. You are a fun, outgoing, hardworking individual that believes in the YMCA Mission and Values. You receive great satisfaction from helping others.
What We Offer: This position is an integral part of our Child Care team. As an Early Childhood Assistant, you will assist the Before & After School Teacher with the preparation and implementation of programs and goals for our young community members. In addition to working with amazing co-workers you will be part of an organization that gives back to the community.
• Provides support to the Before & After School Teacher with the planning and implementation of child centred programs in accordance with YMCA and provincial standards.
• Assists with the preparation and maintenance of activity centres and classrooms (including washrooms) as directed by the Child Care Teacher or supervisor
• Works together as an integral part of the team within the classroom and the centre, providing support and encouragement to one another.
• Understands and complies with provincial and YMCA Child Care Standards.
• Understands the legal responsibility and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
• Acts as a professional role model for children, volunteers and students and to fellow staff which includes providing regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately and professionally dressed and well groomed.
• Interacts and communicates effectively with children, families, YMCA staff and services.
• Demonstrates commitment to children’s learning by understanding and supporting programs and individual child development plans as directed by the Child Care Teacher or supervisor.
• Attends monthly staff meetings, workshops and courses that may be directed by the Child Care Supervisor.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff.
• Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
• Other duties as assigned
• Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued no later than 90 days preceding start date.
•High school Diploma• Minimum six (6) months experience working with young children• Experience working with special needs children an asset •Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills •Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs), bending, stooping, squatting• Must be able to work outdoors at least 2 hours daily year-round• Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment • Must be a team player • Flexibility regarding assigned work hours • Satisfactory Police Records and Vul
Candidates MUST submit a completed YMCA Employment / Volunteer Application Form along with resume and cover letter in order to be considered.