Jan 7, 2020
Jan 31, 2020
Sales & services
$ 40000-60000 per annum
wage dependent on experience
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
Please email resume to email@example.com
4707 HWY #6 , Miller Lake Ontario N0H 1Z0
Miller Lake Rona
The ideal DZ Driver is a self-motivated individual that enjoys physical work in a fast paced environment. Drivers deliver invoiced products to customer provided addresses. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that the load is safely stowed/strapped/stacked for transportation and that they have clear instructions for destination and route. The driver will safely unload the items at the customer’s request and it is the driver’s responsibility to complete safety checks and complete logbooks as determined by Management. Drivers must always obey traffic laws, complete safety checks and record in daily logbooks as determined by Management.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe working environment
- Lead by example, ensuring every customer has a great experience
- Prepares vehicle for delivery. Verifies that all products are securely loaded and protected from the elements and all accompanying paperwork is available.
- Maintain and record Ministry of Transportation documentation
- Operates vehicle to transport material to private homes and construction sites. Parks vehicle in designated area(s) and obtains necessary receiver signatures once unloaded.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance including documenting daily inspections and ensuring safety equipment, straps and paperwork are in place.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Operate forklift around yard and loading of vehicles.
- Use moffatt to unload product safely and efficiently at customer locations
- Deliver good onsite to new existing customer projects
- Load customer vehicles with product.
- Must hold a valid “DZ” level driver’s license.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Must be familiar with basic house building construction in order to give direction to loaders on sequencing of load.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to understand customer requirements.
- Must be familiar with wood grading standards and be able to identify products.
- Must have good knowledge of the layout of Bruce Peninsula roadways, maintain awareness of road restrictions and have the ability to source alternative routes.
- Have previous forklift and moffatt experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some Saturdays
- Must be capable of heavy lifting material up to 50lbs
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD