Feb 4, 2020
Mar 2, 2020
Full-Time Seasonal/Contract June 29 – September 4, 2020 (Training days for the week of June 22, 2020 TBD)
$ $14.00 - $15.50 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day Camp Assistant Supervisor
Grey Sauble Conservation
Reporting to the Day Camp Supervisor, the Assistant Day Camp Supervisor is responsible for assisting with planning, coordinating, and supervising the Grey Sauble Day Camp. The Grey Sauble Day Camp provides programing for approximately 30 campers per day between the ages of 7 and 12.
This position will include, but is not limited to:
- Assisting with the operation of the Grey Sauble Day Camp, including planning and implementing games, crafts, and outdoor activities with the campers.
- Ensuring a safe, fun and inclusive environment for campers.
- Providing supervision during outdoor and indoor activities, bus trips, and swimming excursions.
- Maintaining open and effective communication with parents of campers.
- Assisting with the preparation of the necessary materials and equipment for games, crafts, and outdoor/indoor activities.
- Leading games and activities (giving clear instructions, rules, boundaries, and resolving disputes).
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
• Minimum of one (1) year camp programming or related child/youth programming experience.
• Strong leadership, organizational, communication and conflict resolution skills.
• Highly motivated, creative, and adaptable.
• Takes initiative.
• Quick thinking and decision making.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Adaptable and ability to work with changing environments.
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C.
• Criminal Reference Check with results satisfactory to Grey Sauble Conservation.
Other Job Requirements:
• Knowledge of the natural environment is an asset.
• Enrollment or completion of an applicable post-secondary program is an asset.
• National Lifeguard Service (NLS) Certification is an asset.
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD