Start Date: Immediately
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for an energetic, positive team player who is
open minded, respectful and welcoming to all individuals. You take a person-centered
approach and understand Housing First principles. You are a fun, outgoing, hardworking
individual who believes in the YMCA Mission and Values. You receive great satisfaction from
What We Offer: This position is an integral part of our Community Initiatives team. As a
Housing Stability Worker you will assist vulnerable individuals to find and maintain safe and
secure housing. In addition to working with amazing co-workers you will be part of an
organization that gives back to the community. This position is full time, 35 hours per week.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, retirement savings and YMCA membership.
Through a case management role:
• Provide on-going assistance to clients to support housing retention
• Work closely with other organizations to coordinate supports to assist with housing stability
• Liaise with landlords and room providers to secure and maintain both temporary and permanent housing options throughout Grey and Bruce Counties
• Coordinate emergency housing supports for individuals and families who are in crisis
• Utilize technology to provide services virtually
• Experience in working with people who are or have been street involved
• Knowledge of area supports and services
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Social Services or related discipline
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Self-motivated, a strong team player
• Works independently with minimal supervision and is disciplined in setting priorities and outcomes
• Minimum Class G Driver’s License; able to travel throughout Grey and Bruce Counties; must have own vehicle
• Successful candidates age eighteen (18) years and older will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued no
later than 90 days preceding start date.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter, résumé and completed YMCA Employment/Volunteer Application Form* to:
Program Coordinator, Community Services
YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce
945 3rd Ave. East, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 2K8 or email to:
The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
*Candidates must submit a completed YMCA Employment/Volunteer Application Form along with cover letter and résumé in order to be considered. The YMCA Employment/Volunteer Application Form is found on the Careers page of our website, www.ymcaowensound.on.ca