Oct 13, 2020
Oct 27, 2020
$ 50000 per annum
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED until Friday, October 30th 2020 4pm.
1045 3rd Ave. West, Owen Sound, On N4K 5W6
Marked: WIISINADAA WORKER
Contact: admin@mwikwedong for a complete job description
1723 8th Ave E , Owen Sound Ontario N4K 3C2
Wiinsinaada - Let's Eat! Worker
M'Wikwedong Native Cultural Resource Centre
To design and implement food-based diabetes prevention programming that aims to increase access, skills, and knowledge around healthy eating, nutrition, traditional foods, and traditional ways of knowing.
- Oversees food purchase, preparation and storage for all Friendship Centre programs and initiatives.
- Collaborates with and enhances existing Friendship Centre programs and services related to diabetes management and prevention.
- Creates and maintains strategic partnerships within the community and region to support food initiatives and advance urban Indigenous issues related to food access and health needs.
- Provides one-to-one and participant-based services, ensuring that a balance of approaches is available to meet the needs of the community.
- Provides healthy meals, information and teachings on nutrition and the connections to diabetes and chronic disease.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle for community members of all ages.
- Supports Friendship Centre and community-wide meals, events, and ceremonies to build knowledge around traditional healthy eating practices and Indigenous understandings of well-being.
- Establishes regular access to traditional and nutritious food and meals for community members through food banks, food boxes, community meal programs et cetera.
- Hosts life skills activities and workshops on cooking, menu planning, budgeting, drying, and preserving et cetera.
- Coordinates and/or hosts land-based activities (i.e. hunting, fishing, gardening et cetera) and related traditional teachings.
- Assists community members navigate diabetes management and care supports in the community.
- Promotes awareness and ensures access to the program through a variety of outreach efforts and promotional activities.
- Accurately reports and ensures all program objectives are being met in accordance with agreements.
- Participates in training and evaluation processes to ensure continued growth and development of the Wiisinadaa: Let’s Eat! program.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
• Strong knowledge and awarenes
Other Job Requirements:
Only those contacted will be granted an interview.
Indigenous candidates as per Section 16 (1) of the Human Rights Act is preferred.
Food Handler Certification
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD