Apr 5, 2021
Apr 19, 2021
Full-Time Permanent Permanent
Manufacturing & utilities
$ 79,200 per annum
Hours per Week:
42 on rotational shift
How to Apply:
Please apply via our website.
Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Process Operator is part of a shift operating team responsible for a variety of process equipment. They are responsible to maintain the safe and efficient manufacturing of alcohol by following standard operating procedures and in accordance with the Operating Engineer Regulation. Most duties are carried out in a team-based atmosphere with a culture of openness and respect. This position is a continental 12-hour shift rotation between days and nights 365 days per year.
- Operates process equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs testing on process steams in the process, still house and boiler building on a scheduled basis to verify, support and supplement tests being conducted by the shift operators, including corn quality testing, pH, HPLC testing, Yeast counts and balling verification, dilute caustic tank concentration testing and adjustment etc.
- Monitors operations and makes necessary adjustments to maintain equipment and operation within specified ranges.
- Performs start-up, shutdown and other procedures.
- Samples and tests process streams.
- Reports deviations.
- Measures process temperatures, pressures and other parameters in a computerized format
- Cleans and sanitizes process equipment as required.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of process area, laboratories and control rooms.
- Assists with general housekeeping and cleaning.
- Assists with cleaning up spills.
- Visually inspects equipment at regular intervals to detect malfunctions, repair, adjustment or lubrication needs.
- Performs / assists with the receiving and unloading of corn, supplies or ingredients.
- Performs or assists with the loading of wet distiller’s grains and condensed distillers solubles into trucks.
- Assists in maintenance of plant surveillance and security.
- Provides technical troubleshooting expertise in the detection and correction of operational problems.
- Actively participates in production equipment upgrades and new technologies.
- Adheres to and participates in the Company’s Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety ISO systems.
- Complete training packages to progress in skill within the operations team
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
-Post-secondary education requirement with emphasis on trades
-4th or 3rd Class Operating Engineer Ticket is considered an asset
Other Job Requirements:
Greenfield is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We respect the needs of all our employees. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Greenfield Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted and reviewed as part of the Greenfield hiring process.
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD